Sunday, January 16, 2005

ganda hai par sab dhanda hai yeh

I happen to study in what we like to believe is a Tier 1 B School but placement time is one when I think I can feel what Newton must have felt when he said "The more I see this world the more I love my dog"

I have no problems with people who have never claimed to be good samaritans but simple normal self centred human beings but what makes me irritated is when I see the obsession to appear holier than thou in people who are intrinsically puny beings.

So once this time comes and there is a whiff of jobs in the air everyone realizes that its finally its every man for himself and so starts off a process which can descend to depths that are unimaginable to people not involved with this process.

Suddenly people become very posessive of what they know forgetting that knowledge grows only when shared. Even sources of information are hid and wherever you go there is a conspiratorial whisper around.

There is a famous Rudyard Kipling quote where he says "Half the world love and half the world hates where is my place in these that are so evenly matched". Guess that sums up the state of my mind very well. However I have chosen to sit back and watch the fun and if possible be extra open. Yes, there are times when I feel I too should be like the sorroundings coz after all "Do as the Romans do while in Rome" but there is something within me which has always refused to unquestioningly conform. I thank God for that now for that is what has helped me keep my head above the water. Maybe I will be the loser at the end of placements but I have this deep seated conviction that I will win in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home