Thursday, February 08, 2007

Restarting engines

Well if I am back writing and actually posting something here means only one thing that I will be once again on the move. This time I will really be travelling and it won’t be the weekly travel across metros in the same kind of aircrafts, through same kind of streets meeting same kind of people.
I had thought that this time I ll keep the trip quiet but being a true Bong couldn’t help blowing my trumpet all over the place and consequently ended up telling all and sundry that I am going on a trip after promising myself to keep it a secret.
I have probably never spent as much time pouring over the internet or talking to people as I did in preparation for this trip. You see for an Indian travelling to USA there are always relatives or friends living the american dream and so you seldom face any sort of trouble. I was about to write you feel at home but then realized how stupid it was. You travel thousands of miles to feel at home! Of course not! You travel so that you witness and explore the unknown. However in Europe you don’t know people or the language and its very expensive. Hence this is truly alien country.
A few of my close pals ask my why are you planning so much. Well you see there are two ways to do this: Either you have lots of money, in which case you can travel whenever wherever you please or you have lots of time and so you have the luxury of travelling whenever wherever you can afford to. Since I have neither or both in short supply I plan to make the most of my small window of opportunity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anyesha said...

Aei Europe ghurte jacho...ki mojja. Have some friends there, if you need help! Subhamoy's folks will be in Moscow by the end of June too.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home