Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Early to bed and early to rise

For all that we’d heard about America being the party place what surprised me no end was the fact that people here have dinner very early. In fact they finish dinner even more we used to in Pilani in winter. I learnt it the hard way because when I turned up in the dining room at 8:15 it was only to find them washing the dishes! I was told by my friends that they go to sleep by 11 and get up by 5 on the days of work. That’s what my grand mom does! I guess it comes from one word that’s deep into their psyche: professionalism. However they still do pack their night clubs while the streets are deserted. In fact let me tell you about a rather funny situation I fell into.

After I had missed my dinner I just wanted to go somewhere for a quiet dinner and see the town in general. I soon realized that its impossible for the training centre itself was so big that walking to the gates was impossible for reaching the main parts of the town. So I had to go to the only place open for food: the night club when I was in no mood for a drink. So here you have a funny picture of people who eat dinner by eight latest, desert their streets by 9 but keep their night clubs going till late! Maybe one of the reasons I felt so restricted as not having a car in USA is a bigger problem than not having a roof over your head. Sometimes I wonder why a country becomes so dependent on two products that they themselves can’t produce enough in any way: gasoline and coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home