Monday, May 15, 2006

Views from people

I fortunately met a couple of people today who were from New York and Amsterdam, both places there on my itenary. Jay, who s from New York kept maintaining that Washington is probably the best place to visit, and said Smithsonian, is the thing to see in USA. He seemed to be that kind of a person since he is a jazz listener primarily. Did I ever tell you about profiling personalities given the kind of your music preference? I’ll do it some other time. Anyway Jay also dashed my hopes of seeing a Broadway musical saying that they needed a six month advance booking but also gave a silver lining saying that if I was willing to risk a 3 hour useless wait I could try standing in a line in Times Square, where they sell spare Broadway tickets a little before the show.

The other gentleman, whose name I forget (come on Dutch names aren’t easy to remember) told me what all to see in Amsterdam and amply warned me to beware of thieves while travelling in Holland. Poor guy didn’t know that I had grown up seeing “Pocket maar hoite sabdhan” on Calcutta buses and learnt to guard my luggage on Poorva 3 tier through Bihar. I just hope I don’t need to eat my words by the end of the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home