Monday, May 15, 2006

Bawal works

The immigration and security check SUCKS in Delhi airport and it’s primarily because of the inefficiency of our staff and the much rightly maligned infrastructure. I stood an hour in line for each of these. The KLM guys had suddenly decided to change my seat and put me wherever they wanted but on me raising my voice and basically telling them to go to hell but I wanted the seats I had booked had to concede obviously after initially telling me it was impossible. Basically ‘bawal’ works everywhere.

Madhu’s an angel. He came to drop me at the airport and then waited outside for an hour for Josh to arrive who had fought with Jet to take an earlier flight in order to meet me. Now the guard at the gate would neither let me go out nor them come in. In come God handy. Madhu had a Ganesh idol with him which became the family deity I had to carry and that’s something people can’t deny. So they came in gave me the idol and we managed to catch up for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home