Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The dimpled beauty and other stories

For those of you who read my blog would know how much I adored this lady whoi taught us a course in St Charles. I had thought that would be the first and the only time I would meet her but was pleasantly surprised when she turned up as the course co ordinator for this course. In fact she even remembered me from those classes! While a lot of us come to these courses thinking that we would get to meet people from different parts of the world, we get to do that but precious little more. Its absolutely a lie to say that Indians are clanish. I have seen Britishers totally closed to meeting outsiders and Spaniards stick to their group. Its not that they do it out of malice but just thay they are as comfortable with the known than the unknown as much as we are. In fact this brings me to an interesting point. Even for someone like me who spends time either travelling or dreaming about travelling (the latter a lot more), I do tend to from time to time start missing my familiar sorroundings. In fact on this trip I was totally alone in a country where I couldn’t even communicate properly and so I won’t deny the fact how overjoyed I was to see a colleague of mine walk into the class, who had decided to join at the last moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home