Sunday, November 18, 2007

The beautiful disney musicals

The beuatiful Walt Disney musicals can easily be called my favourite genre of movies.
At times I have wondered how in spite of being more than a quarter century old and well on my way to becoming a cynic how is it that I still adore these movies so much. The answer I think I lies in what I ve lost that this world of disney brings back to me. The values they teach, the simple love they show, the innocence they celebrate, where good wins most of the time in the end and music is all pervading is probably not very far from the dream world that I would have created myself if I could have started all over again.
What I will endeavour to do here is give you a sampling of the amazing lyrics. The rest unfortunately is a discovery you have to make yourself. So here s what I suggest. Spend about Rs 1000 and buy 5 of these VCDs- Lion King, Alladin, Pocahontas, Beeauty and the Beast, and Finding Nemo. Sit down one Saturday afternoon after lunch and instead of going drinking to the nearest watering hole watch these movies one after another.
If you are a man who can still feel and get moved in spite of everything you ll find yourself a better person at the end of the experience.
Now for the samples

Lion King
"Some say eat or be eaten
Some say live and let live
But all are agreed as they join the stampede
You should never take more than you give
Some of us fall by the wayside
And some of us soar to the stars
And some of us sail through our troubles
And some have to live with the scars"

Alladin
"Can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?"

Pocahontas
"You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you,
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger,
You learn things you never knew, you never knew"

2 Comments:

Blogger independenthumanist said...

very true!! we need to get back to the basics and that wud indeed teach os some valuable lessons.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

And sometimes we sully them by taking refuge in their innocence from our daily dreary life

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home