Thursday, November 29, 2007

Before Sunrise

Just finished seeing what must be one of the romantic movies I ve ever seen... in fact right up there with Casablanca and Bridges of Madison County... why are all great romances ones which don't work out.... thats besides the point

I had a slightly similar experience... obviously without any kissing, or promises to meet in six months... I was on my way from Florence to Venice... when I met this girl from Romania on the train and we spent the entire day together going all around Venice... in fact it was carnival time in Venice with hundreds of people wearing Venetian masks all around... there was hardly any romance but it was quite an experience to see a new place with someone totally new.

This brings me to another point of why I like to travel alone. The obvious one is that when you travel with someone you know, you are far too closed and you only sight see, you hardly ever interact with people. One of my joys of travelling alone has been that I have been able to meet people from different places in different sorroundings... be it Romanian in Venice or Mexican in Paris or Pakistani in Chicago. The other is that you are never in conflict on where to go and what to see. You don't have to explain to people why you want to go to spend half a day to go the second part of Kennedy Air and Space Museum in Baltimore. You don't need to explain why you would much rather go to Musee De Orsay than Euro Disney.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anyesha said...

Oooh! I totally heart Before Sunrise. Now you have to watch Before Sunset too.
And btw,the second Air and Space Museum is near the Dulles Airport, Virginia not Baltimore.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Abilin Mukherjee said...

dhonyobad dhonyobad for the correction... na theek korbo na... bhul ebong correction dutoi thak...

10:53 PM  
Blogger Florence Craye said...

Oh good lord. watched this movie over the weekend. It was awful!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home